RITI offers men and women seeking to become equipped for ministry a local alternative for receiving a world-class theological education. We have partnered with Seminary Extension of the Southern Baptist Convention. This provides quality, Bible-based ministry training locally at Chariho Southern Baptist Church as well as offering web conferencing alternatives. The center is established under a cooperative agreement between Seminary Extension and Chariho Southern Baptist Church, the local Baptist church, associations, and state/regional conventions.
Enable students to:
- Demonstrate courageous growth in obedience to and love for Jesus and His ways.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of Scripture and its faithful interpretation and application.
- Demonstrate a life lived in connection and service within a church and its associational, national, and global missional networks.
- Demonstrate a focused sense of giftedness, passion, and competence in ministry.
- Demonstrate a passion for local and global fulfillment of the Great Commission.
- Demonstrate a capacity to relate effectively with people.
- Demonstrate a relevant vision and plan for a specific context of service.
Seminary Extension offers the following programs:
Diplomas in Ministries/Pastoral Education; Diploma in Biblical Studies; Diploma in Educational Ministries; Diploma in Theological Foundations; Certificate in Women’s Ministry; Certificate in Lay Ministry training; Certificate in Bi-vocational Ministry Studies.
Seminary Extension Classes:
A new round of classes is starting in the Rhode Island Theological Institute in the month of May 2019.
- GM 2500 Formation for Ministry: Taught by Dr. William Hansen. A study of the meaning of ministry; some spiritual, personal, and professional requirements for ministry; and ways in which ministry may be expressed. Major topics covered are spiritual discipline, vocational discernment, and the theology of ministry.
- PM 3351 Pastoral Care: Taught by Dr. Rafael Hernandez. A study of the work of the pastor as “shepherd of the flock”. Spiritual counseling, comforting, worship leadership, and conflict resolution are some of the topics covered.
May 21st, OT 3103 Old Testament Survey, Part 1
- Taught by Dr. Rick Webb. A survey of the historical and cultural background of the Old Testament; the books of the Pentateuch (Genesis through Deuteronomy); and the books known as the Former Prophets (Joshua, Judges, 1 & 2 Samuel, and 1 & 2 Kings).
Next round of classes will be held September 2019.
For more information regarding diploma programs and center, administration can be obtained by contacting us at: Request Information